- AirPods Pro
- Powerbeats Pro
- Made for iPhone (MFi) hearing aids
We will be testing additional headphones. There are two primary factors we use to qualify them for use with Noopl:
- Background noise suppression
- Occlusive headphones (or earbuds) block the ear canal to prevent ambient background noise from reaching the eardrum.
- Headphones with active noise cancellation detects external sound and then counters it with anti-noise, canceling the external sound before you hear it.
- Sufficiently low latency
- While some latency is unavoidable, the amount differs between earbud brands and models, so we'll measure it and qualify those which provide an acceptable level.
Currently, only AirPods Pro will provide auto-steering (which senses where you are looking) as that feature works in conjunction with Apple's dynamic head tracking which is unavailable in other earbuds. Other qualifying devices would work in Noopl's Manual Mode (using the controls in the Noopl Listen app to direct Noopl's toward the source of the sounds you would like to hear).