The honest answer is "maybe", but we can't be sure. Due to the number of available phone cases, Noopl is unable to test them all. There are cases that are not compatible with the Noopl.
A thick, protective case can prevent the Noopl accessory from making a proper connection to your iPhone (especially ones that cover the bottom ports of the phone). Most cases (up to 2mm in thickness) with bottom openings are compatible.
The Noopl device needs to be acoustically coupled to your phone (whether your phone is in a case or "caseless"). We include four couplers with Noopl:
- The slimmest is pre-attached to the Noopl device and has been found to work best with phones in cases.
- Additional couplers (for various iPhone models) are located inside the box and are primarily designed for "caseless" phones.
When it comes down to it, your ears will tell you what sounds best.
So here's some guidance on what to try.
If your phone is not in a case ("caseless"):
- Remove the preinstalled rubber coupler from your Noopl device by pulling up gently on one side. Once that side is loose, pull up from the other side. Then, slide the coupler off of your Noopl
- Inside the Noopl box beneath the top tray you will find three slots with additional couplers designed for phones without cases. Select the coupler that matches your iPhone model (they are color-coded).
- Attach the new coupler to your Noopl by pushing the pegs on the bottom of the coupler into position on your Noopl.
- Attach Noopl to your phone. The Noopl Listen app will start, and you should follow the on-screen prompts.
If you use a case that covers only the bottom corners and leaves the speaker and Lightning ports exposed:
- If your phone case looks like the following picture, try using the additional appropriate coupler from the Noopl box and treat your phone as if it is not in a case:
- Follow the instructions in the above section ("If your phone is not in a case") to change the coupler attached to your Noopl
- Then attach Noopl to your phone to check the fit. If the Noopl attaches securely and the coupler is sealed to the bottom of your phone without being obstructed by the case, you have found an excellent fit. It will look like this:
If you use a case that covers all sides of your phone:
- Try inserting Noopl with the preinstalled coupler into the Lightning port of your phone.
- Do you feel a "click" indicating that Noopl has successfully attached?
- The Noopl Listen app will start, and you should follow the on-screen prompts
- If you have one of the iPhone 12 models (12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, or 12 Pro Max), try removing the preinstalled coupler and attach the coupler from the box marked for iPhone 12. If this coupler fits, compare the sound from the two different couplers and use the one that gives you the best sound.
- Your case isn't compatible with Noopl. You can either use Noopl without having a case or use the Noopl-supplied case.