You can use Noopl to hear in noisy places with any Made for iPhone (MFi) hearing device (which includes hearing aids and cochlear implants).
When using MFi compatible hearing devices, controlling the focus of Noopl microphones is done in Manual mode (using your finger in our app to point in the direction you would like to hear) as the dynamic head tracking used for Automatic mode (where Noopl understands where you are looking) isn't provided by hearing devices yet.
If your iPhone is already paired to your MFi compatible hearing device, then Noopl should work right out of the box.
How do I know if my hearing device is MFi compatible?
Here are three ways to confirm if you have an MFI compatible hearing device:
1. From your iPhone, tap Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices. Look to see if your hearing aid is listed in the "MFI HEARING DEVICES" section:
2. Consult Apple's list of Made for iPhone compatible hearing devices.
3. Since there is a chance a hearing device is MFi compatible but was not enabled when set up, you can always check with your hearing health care professional.
An important step when Noopl with your MFI compatible hearing device
You need to be able to adjust the mix between what you hear from the the microphones on your hearing device and the sound coming from Noopl (which is streamed from your iPhone). Ideally, the gain from the hearing device microphones would be set to zero or muted when you are using Noopl. If you do not do this, all of the noise that makes it difficult for you to communicate will still be heard, negating the value of Noopl.
Often your hearing device's microphone settings can be changed in one (or more) of these locations:
1. In the mobile app from your hearing device manufacturer
2. From the Hearing section of Control Center (Click here to learn more about customizing the Control Center)
3. In Settings > Accessibility > Hearing Devices > MFI HEARING DEVICES
In some cases, a change from the hearing health care professional might be required (i.e. if your audiologist didn’t enable the feature for you in the office).